Cakes & Pastries
Apple Nut Cake
1 1/2 cup Oil
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 1/2 cups Peeled Tart Apples Cut Into Large Dice (Preferably Granny Smith Or Newton)
1 cup Very Coarsely Chopped Walnuts
2 teaspoons Vanilla
3 tablespoons Butter
3 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
3 tablespoons Sugar
3 tablespoons Whipping Cream
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees generously butter and flour 10 inch tube pan, shaking out excess.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in large bowl and blend well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Add to first mixture, blending thoroughly. Fold in apples, nuts and vanilla.
- Spoon into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake until cake tests done. About 1 hour, 45 minutes. Let cool in pan 20 minutes turn out onto a wire rack and continue cooling while preparing glaze.
- For Glaze: Combine all ingredients in heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Let boil 1 minute. Spoon over warm cake.
1/2 cup Butter
1/3 cup Sugar
1 cup Flour
2 packages Cream cheese (8 oz size); at room temp
1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3 Apples; golden delicious
1/3 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon; ground
1/2 cup Orange marmalade; melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. To prepare the crust, cream the butter and 1/3 cup sugar, and add the flour and blended until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pat crumbs into the bottom and 1" up the sides of a 10" springform pan. Base 10 minutes, until golden. Cool.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese 1/2 cup sugar together until blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Pour the mixture evenly over the baked crust. Core apples and cut into thin even slices.
- Arrange apple slices in overlapping layers over the cream cheese filling. Mix 1/3 cup sugar and the cinnamon, and sprinkle over top of the apples. Bake 35 minutes, until the apples are tender and the cheesecake layer is set. Cool, then chill.
- Before serving, spoon the warm orange marmalade over the top. This cheesecake is pretty as apple slices bake into cheesecake filling with a cinnamon glaze on top.
Blackberry Apple Pie
1 Pastry for a double-crust 9 " pie
5 cups Baking apples, thinly sliced and peeled
1 pint Fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
3/4 cup Sugar
2 tablespoons Cornstarch
2 tablespoons Butter
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon Water or milk
- Place bottom pastry in a 9" pie plate; top with a thin layer of apples.
- Combine blackberries and remaining apples in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice. Add sugar and cornstarch and toss gently.
- Spoon into pie shell; dot with butter. Top with a lattice crust; seal edges. Combine egg and water or milk; brush over lattice top and pie edges.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and apples are tender. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Apple Raspberry Meringue Pie
1 pastry for a double-crust pie
20 ounces apple pie filling
1/2 cup raspberry preserves
2 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry; bake and cool. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat apple pie filling in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until filling comes to boiling. Remove from heat. Spread raspberry preserves over bottom of the baked pie shell. Spoon hot apple filling over preserves.
- For Meringue, heat egg whites until frothy. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition; continue beating until stiff peaks are formed. Spread over filling being sure to seal meringue to edge of pie shell.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a rack.
Apple Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Nonstick cooking spray
1 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large Jonagold or Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and grated
3 tablespoons softened, unsalted butter
1 package (3 oz. size) cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- To prepare the cupcakes: Spray muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Heat oven to 350. Sift together the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer set at medium speed, combine the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla; beat 2 minutes. Slowly add the flour mixture, beating for about 1 minute to blend. Then fold in the grated apple.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven about 25 minutes, or until the cupcakes test done in the center. Cool in the pan 5 minutes before unmolding onto a rack. Cool completely.
- To prepare the frosting: Beat together the softened butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth. Frost the tops of the cupcakes and let set up about 1 hour before serving.
Page 3 of 8«StartPrev12345678NextEnd»
Zetrocity Digital Solutions