Chicken & Turkey
Apple and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breast
1/2 cup finely chopped apple
1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 thin slices prosciutto
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2/3 cup milk
1 dash ground black pepper
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an ovenproof baking dish; set aside.
- Combine chopped apple and the 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Place one slice of prosciutto on each chicken breast. Place 1/4 of the apple mixture on each chicken breast. Roll up each breast and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle the 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice all over outside of chicken breasts and place into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the chicken breasts, uncovered, in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about for 25-30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- When chicken is almost done, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour to make a smooth paste. Whisk in milk and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Serve sauce over chicken.
Apple Pan Chicken
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
3 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
3 tablespoons dried currants
3 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
1/3 cup apple juice
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Move the onions to the side, and brown chicken breasts 4 minutes on each side.
- Top chicken with apples, currants and pine nuts.
- Pour in apple juice.
- Season with thyme, parsley, jalapeno, salt and pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are cooked and chicken is no longer pink.
Turkey Melts With Apple-Pepper Relish
3/4 cup chopped apple
3/4 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper, drained
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
4 large slices French bread or Vienna bread, lightly toasted
8 teaspoons mayonnaise
12 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey breast
12 slices (2 3/4 x 1 1/8 x 1/4-inch) Cheddar Cheese
- Stir together all relish ingredients in medium bowl; set aside.
- Place bread slices on baking sheet; spread each with mayonnaise. To assemble each sandwich, layer each bread slice with turkey, relish and 3 slices cheese.
- Heat broiler. Broil sandwiches 5 to 6 inches from heat until cheese is melted (1 to 2 minutes). Top with remaining relish.
- TIP: Red bell pepper can be purchased already roasted. To roast your own, cut a large red bell pepper in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Place pepper, cut-side down, on broiler pan. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until skin is blackened (8 to 10 minutes). Wrap roasted pepper halves in damp paper towel and place in plastic bag. Cool. Peel skin from pepper halves; discard.
2 teaspoons melted butter or margarine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 large apple, cored and chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 cups seasoned crumb-style stuffing
3 pounds turkey breast cutlets
- Combine butter, chicken broth, apple, onion, celery, cranberry sauce, poultry seasoning and stuffing. Place 3 tablespoons stuffing mix on each turkey cutlet. Roll up and tie. Place in crockpot. Cover; cook on LOW 8 hours (HIGH 4 hours).
Apple Sweet Barbecue Chicken
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
3 pounds cut-up frying chicken -- skin removed if desired
- Heat grill.
- In a small saucepan, combine barbecue sauce and apple juice concentrate; blend well. Set aside.
- When ready to grill, place chicken, skin side down, on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4-6 inches from medium coals. Cook 25-35 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, turning often and brushing frequently with sauce during last 15 minutes of cooking time. Bring any remaining sauce to a boil; serve with chicken.
Page 1 of 3«StartPrev123NextEnd»
Zetrocity Digital Solutions