Chicken & Turkey
Chicken & Apple Skillet
4 teaspoons olive oil or canola
2 tart apples, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup apple juice
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
salt & pepper to taste
- In heavy skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; cook apples, onion and thyme for about 4 minutes, or until just tender but still a bit crisp. Remove to bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to skillet; cook chicken, turning once, for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Set 1 tablespoon apple juice aside and pour remaining juice in skillet along with the cider vinegar. Cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. With slotted spoon, remove chicken to platter; keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch with reserved tablespoon apple juice; stir into skillet juices and cook over high heat, scraping up any browned bits, for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return apple mixture to pan and heat through, season with salt and pepper. Spoon apple mixture around cooked chicken.
Apple-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves (4 breasts)
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 medium cooking apples (peeled and cut into thin slices)
1 cup of apple cider
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat coals or gas grill.
- Place chicken breast halves between 2 pieces of waxed paper.
- Pound chicken to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Coat apple slices with sugar mixture.
- Divide apple slices among chicken breast halves.
- Fold chicken around apples; secure with toothpicks.
- Cover and grill chicken 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 20 to 25 minutes,turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Mix apple cider and cornstarch in 1-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Spoon over chicken and serve.
Grilled Chicken in Apple Salsa
2 cups chopped, cored Gala apples
1 Anaheim chile pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup lime juice
salt and black pepper
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup apple juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Prepare Salsa: In medium bowl, combine apples, chili pepper, onion, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste; cover and set aside while preparing chicken. (If making several hours or day ahead, refrigerate salsa.)
- Prepare Grilled Chicken: In large bowl, combine white wine, apple juice, lime zest, salt, and pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat with mixture; cover and refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat grill. Drain and discard chicken marinade. Grill chicken until cooked through; serve with salsa.
Page 3 of 3«StartPrev123NextEnd»
Zetrocity Digital Solutions