Apple Recipe from Spain
2 tbsp soft brown sugar
1 apple, cored and chopped
100g/3½oz plain flour
100g/3½oz butter, cubed
2 tbsp caster sugar
double cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the soft brown sugar and chopped apple and fry gently until the sugar has melted and the apples have softened slightly. Spoon the apple mix into a gratin dish.
- Place the flour and butter into a small bowl and rub together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Sprinkle the crumble mix over the apples and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden-brown on top.
- Serve with a drizzle of double cream.
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons mascarpone
2 tsp jelly
- Peel apples and remove the core. Immediately mix it with lemon juice and maple syrup and arrange it on two plates. Put 1 tablespoon mascarpone and 1 teaspoon jelly on each apple. Serve as soon as possible.
Easy Caramel Apples
1 14-ounce bag of wrapped caramels
2 tablespoons water
6 Washington Fuji or Cripps Pink apples (or your favorite variety)
6 Wooden sticks
Granulated sugar Granulated sugar
- Unwrap the caramels and place in a microwave safe bowl. Add the water and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring a few times during cooking, until melted. Or, melt the caramels and water in a 1 ½ quart sauce pan over low heat, stirring gently with a wooden spoon until melted.
- Wash and dry the apples thoroughly. Insert wooden handle sticks in the top of the apple and wipe excess juice from the apple.
- Dip the apple in the caramel. Sprinkle granulated sugar on a piece of waxed paper and place the caramel apples on top of the sugar. Chill in the refrigerator until set.
Caramel Apple Wrap
3 large tart Washington Granny Smith or Cripps Pink apples
10 wrapped caramels
5 flour tortillas (8-inch), warmed
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples. Place in a sauce pan; cover and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to low.
- Unwrap the caramels and add to the apples. Cook and stir until the caramels are melted.
- Spoon caramel apple mixture in the center of each warm tortilla; fold the sides and ends over the filling and roll up. Serve immediately.
Apple Crisp With Honey
4 ½ cups peeled, cored and thinly sliced Washington Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
½ cup honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup flour
¾ cup rolled oats
4 tablespoons softened butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease medium baking dish (or 8” x 8” pan).
- Evenly spread apples in dish. Mix lemon juice and water and pour over apples.
- Drizzle honey over apples and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, oats and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is lightly browned.
Page 4 of 5«StartPrev12345NextEnd»
Zetrocity Digital Solutions