6 lbs Cooking Apples
3 pints Water
6 lbs Sugar
2 oz Bruised Root Ginger in a Muslin Bag
1 Bottle Certo
4 oz Chopped Crystallised Ginger
- Peel and core the apples, put the peel and cores in a saucepan with the water, bring to the boil and boil for 10 minutes, crush and strain.
- Slice the apples, place in a preserving pan with the strained juice, dangle the ginger and simmer gently until the apples are tender.
- To 4 lbs cooked apples, add the sugar and heat slowly, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the crystallised ginger, bring to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Certo.
- Stir and skim alternatively for 5 minutes to cool and prevent floating fruit.
- Pot and cover in the usual way.
12 Fuji or Large Granny Smith apple
12 lollipop or Skewer sticks
Melted dark chocolate
1/2 cup nuts
- Insert sticks into apple cores.
- Place apples into refrigerator while preparing chocolate.
- Melt chocolate.
- Pour melted chocolate into a metal bowl.
- Dip apple into chocolate.
- Puts Nuts (or other topping) into separate bowl and roll apple until covered in topping as desired.
- Place decorated apple onto wax paper, standing upright.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes for a great chocolate apple.
For more excitement on your apple, you can add more decorative (white, stripes) chocolate covering after the first 15 minutes.
For a Caramel Chocolate Apple, do the following before dipping apples into chocolate (use one pound of caramel):
- Heat caramel until it becomes liquid on stove top.
- Dip or roll apple into hot caramel until coated.
- Stand upright on waxed paper and let set for 15 to 20 minutes.
Page 5 of 5«StartPrev12345NextEnd»
Zetrocity Digital Solutions