Dips & Sauces
Peanut Butter Apple Dip
1 package (8 ounces) low-fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup low-fat milk
4 Washington Cameo apples (or your favorite variety), cored and sliced in wedges Pretzels (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients; mix well. Serve with sliced apples and pretzels. Store in refrigerator.
12 medium Washington Gala or Golden Delicious apples
1 cup water
½ cup sugar, or less to taste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Wash, quarter, peel and core the apples. Place them in a large cooking pot and add the water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until they are nearly soft, approximately 30 minutes.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and press through a strainer, puree in a food processor or mash with a potato masher. Add cinnamon to taste.
Apple Yogurt Dip
½ cup plain non-fat yogurt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 medium Washington Honey Crisp or Granny Smith apple (or your favorite variety)
Fresh strawberries and sliced bananas (optional)
- Combine the yogurt, cinnamon and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Core and slice the apple into chunks. Arrange on a platter with fresh strawberries and sliced bananas. Dip into mixture and enjoy!
Zesty Dip for Apples
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
3 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons flaked coconut
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Red Delicious and Granny Smith apple wedges
- In blender or food processor, blend cottage cheese until smooth. Add orange juice, coconut, sugar, orange zest, and ginger. Blend until well combined. Chill at least 30 minutes. Serve with apple wedges.
Page 2 of 2«StartPrev12NextEnd»
Zetrocity Digital Solutions