Apple Almond Salad
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons splenda
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
6 cups torn mixed greens
3 medium-size apples, cut into wedges
1 cup thinly sliced celery
2 tablespoons sliced scallions
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a screw-top jar, combine the oil, splenda, vinegar, salt, and almond extract. Cover the jar and shake well until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Chill in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Just before serving, combine the greens, apple wedges, celery, and scallions in a salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with the almonds. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Serve immediately.
Union House Apple Cabbage Salad
2 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon dillweed
2 tart red apples (unpeeled), cored and diced
1/2 small Spanish onion, diced to make about 1/8 cup
1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds (optional)
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, spices, apple and onion in large bowl. Fold in shredded cabbages. If using sunflower seeds, fold in or use to top salad.
Apple and Celery Salad
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 crisp red apples, cut in 1/4-inch-thick slices
3 tart green apples (Granny Smith), cut in 1/4-inch-thick slices
4 large celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/3 cup dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Whisk together lemon juice and mustard in a large bowl. Add oil in a stream, whisking until emulsified. Add apples, celery, and parsley, tossing to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts.
Pork, Apple and Wild Rice Salad
8 cups mixed, torn salad greens
1 cup julienne sliced carrots
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
4 ounces pea pods, optional
2 cups cooked wild rice, chilled
10 ounces trimmed cooked roast pork, chilled, thinly sliced
fresh apples, chilled
1/2 cup lowfat bottled Italian dressing
- In a large bowl, toss greens, carrots, onion and pea pods; divide among salad plates. Scoop wild rice into center of each salad; top with pork. Slice apples, arrange on salads; drizzle with dressing.
Apple and Grape Salad
2 apples, cut into cubes
1 cups of grapes, cut in half
1/2 cup of choppped celery
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
1 tsp of lemon juice
1/3 cup of sour cream
1/3 cup of plain yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine the apples cubes, grapes, celery, walnuts and lemon juice.
- Mix the yogurt and sour cream.
- Mix lightly into fruit mix.
- If desired, serve on lettuce lined plates.
Page 4 of 5«StartPrev12345NextEnd»
Zetrocity Digital Solutions