Salad with Apples & Strawberries
2 cups strawberries
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons oil
- Mix vinegar, honey and oil. Dice apples. Halve strawberries. Mix fruit with prepared sauce. Put salad on lettuce leaves.
Apple-Spiked Baked Beans
1 pound navy beans, sorted, rinsed
6 cups water
1 bay leaf
2 cups finely diced onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 cups sweet apple cider or apple juice
2 cups diced unpeeled apple
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown mustard
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot, combine the beans, water, and bay leaf, and bring to a boil. Allow the beans to boil for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium, and cook the beans for 1 to 2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet, saute the onion in the olive oil for 5 minutes or until soft and slightly browned. Add the garlic and saute an additional minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the beans are tender, drain them, saving their cooking liquid for making soup, and discard the bay leaf. Transfer the beans to a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish or Dutch oven. Add the reserved onion mixture, the remaining ingredients, and stir well to combine.
- Cover the casserole dish with a lid or aluminum foil. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour, remove the lid or aluminum foil, and bake an additional 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
1 head lettuce
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cucumber, sliced thin
1/2 Vidalia onion, sliced thin
2 red delicious apples, chopped
1 can tuna, drained
- Combine all ingredients. Serve with favorite dressing.
3 apples, coarsely chopped (mix of tart/sweet)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
6 plum tomatoes, quartered
4 regular tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup walnuts, pinenuts or pecans
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large Vidalia onion, coarsely chopped
4 bell peppers, coarsely chopped (mix of colours)
1 banana pepper, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon mint
1/2 tablespoon thyme
1/2 tablespoon parsley
1/4 cup vinegar (malt or herbal preferred)
- Mix apples and lemon juice. Add tomatoes and nuts. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan or wok, fry garlic for a few moments in olive oil. Add onion and fry until softened. Add peppers and fry until soft but not mushy.
- Turn off heat. Add tomatoes and apples. Season to taste with salt, pepper, mint, thyme, parsley and vinegar.
Apple & Turkey Salad
1 cup Long grain brown rice
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Curry powder
3 cups Water
3 Boneless turkey breast fillets
1/2 Lemon, juice of
1/8 teaspoon Pepper
1 large Apple, peeled, cored and sliced
2 tablespoons Sour cream
2 tablespoons Sesame oil
2 tablespoons Lemon juice
1/4 cup Defatted chicken stock
1/4 cup Sesame seeds
2 tablespoons Fresh dill for garnish
- Combine rice, half the salt, half the curry powder, and water in saucepan. Cover and cook over low heat 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle turkey with lemon juice and pepper. Lay turkey on top of rice during last 20 minutes of cooking time, turning after 10 minutes.
- Drain rice. Cut turkey into strips. Set a few apple slices aside and sprinkle with lemon juice. Chop remaining slices and combine with rice, turkey, sour cream, sesame oil, lemon juice, stock, remaining salt and curry powder.
- Heat dry frying pan. Toast sesame seeds until browned. To serve, arrange rice salad on serving plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with dill, lettuce, and reserved fruit slices.
- Apple Blue Cheese Salad
- Escarole, Fuji Apple, Roquefort & Toasted Walnut Salad
- Chicken, Apple And Smoked Gouda Salad
- Inn at Cedar Crossing Spinach Apple Bleus Salad
- Apple Red Cabbage Salad
- Apple Almond Salad
- Union House Apple Cabbage Salad
- Apple and Celery Salad
- Pork, Apple and Wild Rice Salad
- Apple and Grape Salad
Page 2 of 5«StartPrev12345NextEnd»
Zetrocity Digital Solutions