Grilled Green Apple and Gruyere Sandwich
8 slices Roman Meal Bread
8 teaspoons softened butter
1 Granny Smith apple, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
4 tablespoons honey
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with 1 teaspoon butter. Place 4 slices bread, butter side down, into skillet.
- Layer apple slices, cheese and honey evenly onto bread in skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread, butter side up, creating 4 sandwiches.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until the bottom slices of bread are golden brown. Carefully flip each sandwich. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Apple and Tempeh Sandwiches
The baked tempeh in these open-face sandwiches is juicy and sweet. Use your favorite variety of apple to make this recipe since any kind will bake up nicely in the tamari and apple juice marinade.
1 (8-ounce) package tempeh, halved lengthwise, then crosswise to make 4 squares
1 small Fuji, Braeburn or Gala apple, cored and thinly sliced
1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons tamari
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Black pepper to taste
4 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
4 large leaves green leaf lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange tempeh in an 8-inch-square baking dish in a single layer. Scatter apple slices over the top; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together juice, oil, vinegar, tamari, honey, cumin and pepper, then pour the mixture over the tempeh and apples. Bake until most of the liquid is absorbed, tempeh is golden brown around the edges and apples are soft and caramelized, 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside to let tempeh cool slightly.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with a bit of honey mustard then top with a piece of lettuce and a piece of tempeh, with the baked apples arranged over the top. Serve.
Baked Apple & Brie Canapes
Glasses of crisp white or sparkling wine make the perfect addition.
3 tart apples, cored and sliced into eighths
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 (350-gram) wheel Brie, sliced
24 baguette slices
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss apple slices with melted butter and brown sugar. Bake apples until are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Arrange Brie evenly over the bread slices and top with the apple slices. If desired, broil 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is just melted. Serve immediately.
Apple Sandwich with Granola & Peanut Butter
Kids will love to help you make this healthy snack since it’s fun to spread the nut butter and sprinkle the chocolate chips. No corer in the kitchen drawer? Slice the apples into rounds first then use a small cookie cutter to remove the core from the center of each slice. Wrap sandwiches tightly and tuck them into lunchboxes, if you like.
2 small apples, cored and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick rounds
1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
3 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons granola
- If you won’t be eating these tasty treats right away, start by brushing the apples slices with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
- Spread one side of half of the apple slices with peanut or almond butter then sprinkle with chocolate chips and granola. Top with remaining apple slices, pressing down gently to make the sandwiches. Transfer to napkins or plates and serve.
Apple Tuna Sandwiches Recipe
The tangy tuna salad gets fun flavor from sweet pickle relish and lots of crunch from apples, celery and walnuts. The satisfying sandwiches are a complete meal in themselves.
1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1 teaspoon sugar
1 pouch (7.1 ounces) light water-packed tuna
1/2 cup chopped red apple
6 slices reduced-calorie bread, toasted
6 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in tuna and apple. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture on three slices of bread. Top with lettuce and remaining bread.
Page 1 of 2«StartPrev12NextEnd»
Zetrocity Digital Solutions